- Bletchley Park - Colossus Rebuild
- Eaton 9130 End Of Life Notification
- Harland Simon to supply UPS to Servowatch for IPMS critical back up power protection
- A UPS does so much more......
- Commercial & Industrial "MARINE UPS" Protected Power Solutions
- Harland ProtectUPS - MTA DNV GL TYPE APPROVAL
- IP54 & IP55 Protected Power Solutions
- DSEi 2017
- UPS for a Ship's Drilling System
- Hybrid Energy
- UPS for Integrated Platform Management System
- UPS for Ship's Thrusters
- Ship Dynamic Postioning
- BAe FEEC Latest
- Eaton EOL Notification
- MK College Apprenticeships
- Celebrating 20 Years of UPS Power Protection Business
- ECDIS Marine UPS BackUp
- Current Job Vacancies
Servowatch to supply IPMS capability to Hyundai Heavy Industries
9 May 2017
Servowatch, a leading supplier of advanced integrated ship control systems, has been selected by Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) in South Korea to supply its Integrated Platform Management System (IPMS).
The down select will see Servowatch’s IPMS installed into the Royal New Zealand Navy’s Maritime Sustainment Capability (MSC) project, which HHI is building at its Ulsan shipyard, the largest in the world.
The MSC tanker, able to refuel two ships at a time while underway, will replace the 30-year-old tanker. With a displacement of 24,000t and length of over 160m, the new MSC tanker will become the largest naval vessel in the RNZN fleet.
Servowatch Systems’ scope of supply comprises an IPMS control and monitoring package for the vessels’ propulsion plant, electric power plant and auxiliary/ancillary system. Expertise battle damage control system and onboard training system are also to be included in scope of IPMS.
Harland Simon UPS LTD were pleased to be selected to supply the Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) to provide the critical back up power protection for the IPMS system. The UPS provided was designed in accordance with LR Navy Rules. The UPS supported a total load of 4.8KW for 30 mins autonomy, operation temperature of 0-45 Deg C, supplied with isolation transformers and 12 way distribution, installed in a compact IP54 UPS enclosure with AVM.